Materials You Will Need


CDA Renewal Application Packet

This packet includes information and documents you need to begin your CDA Renewal application, including Procedures booklet, a booklet of materials for use by the Early Childhood Education Professional, application form and recommendation form.

$15.00  |  Purchase


Continuing Education Units (CEUs)


Q: What are CEUs?

A: Units awarded for participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction. They are non-credit educational experiences. One Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is ten (10) contact hours of study.

Q: Who issues CEUs?

A: Various post-secondary institutions offer CEUs. Contact the adult education or continuing education department at a community college or vocational institution. Other good sources of information include: center directors, education coordinators, resource and referral agencies, and Affiliate Group representatives of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).

Q: Are there criteria for agencies awarding CEUs?

A: Yes, the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) issues standards for educational entities that award CEUs. The Council strongly recommends that CDAs seek training from agencies that meet the IACET criteria for continuing education and training. The criteria, with guidelines and required practices, can be found at

Q: Will CEUs count toward college credit if I want to get an A.A. or B.A. degree?

A: Not necessarily. Before deciding to obtain CEU training, ask the agency sponsoring the CEU if it has negotiated a collaborative agreement with a college to convert CEUs to academic credit.

Q: Will a record be kept of the CEUs I've earned?

A: The program should keep a record of the course(s), date(s), and number of CEUs awarded for at least seven (7) years. Ask the agency/program sponsoring the training.