CDA Gold StandardSM
Assure the quality CDA® training students need.
Going for the Gold
The CDA Gold StandardSM is for elite organizations that offer quality CDA coursework and preparation to CDA training students. The CDA Gold Standard is for your organization if you want a distinguished training program that sets you apart from all the rest. The Gold Standard can help your organization get the recognition and business it deserves. If your organization is ready to join the ranks of stellar training organizations and show your dedication to helping your students shine, enroll today!
Gold Standard Benefits
The Gold Standard benefits organizations in many ways:
- Identifies you as a premier provider of CDA preparation or training services, which ensures candidates receive reliable, professional training.
- Provides you with public recognition for your commitment to advancing professional development and training of CDA students.
- Indicates to CDA students your commitment to delivering high-quality training and student services.
- Promotion on the Council’s website. Your organization will be listed in the Find CDA Training website section, along with your logo for brand recognition, making it easier for potential candidates to find you.
- Use of the Gold Standard digital badge on your website as a premier provider of CDA Training and preparation services.
- A Gold Standard Certificate — a hard copy certificate suitable for framing that formally identifies your organization as a premier provider of CDA Training and preparation services.
Two Gold Standard Types
Many students receive training and professional development from multiple sources, so we offer two CDA Gold Standards. Your organization’s coursework should align with the 8 CDA Subject Areas, based on either Comprehensive or Select options.
Comprehensive is for organizations offering CDA coursework encompassing the entire CDA preparation process, meeting the eight CDA subject areas, requiring 10 hours for each area and 120 hours of study.
Select is for organizations offering CDA coursework in at least four of the eight CDA subject areas, requiring 10 hours for each course area and 60 hours of study.
Gold Standard Award Process
Organizations must meet all of the assessment criteria, including a site visit by a Council-trained Gold Standard specialist. Here are the steps:
- Complete the self-assessment of the pre-qualifications.
- If determined eligible, submit an online application.
- Submit the application fee and receive the Gold Standard Handbook to guide you through the application process.
- If approved, submit the required documents for review.
- If approved, pay the assessment fee.
- Complete the CDA Education Coursework Alignment (CECA) and, if approved, complete the Site Visit Review with a Gold Standard Specialist.
- If awarded, pay the Gold Standard Fee to receive all CDA Gold Standard award materials. The CDA Gold Standard is valid for three years.
NOTE: All payments are nonrefundable. If you are not approved at any step, your organization’s primary contact will receive an email notification detailing issues and directions on how and when to reapply.
Apply for the Gold Standard
Assure the quality CDA training students need while distinguishing your training program from all the rest. The CDA Gold Standard can help your organization get the recognition and business it deserves. You’ll join the ranks of stellar training organizations and show your dedication to helping your students shine. Thank you for your commitment to helping raise the bar for the quality of ECE for families, your students and our profession.
Gold Standard Organizations
These training organizations have successfully met the Council’s CDA Gold Standard criteria to provide the quality CDA training students need.
Gold Standard Application
The CDA Gold StandardSM application is for organizations offering training and professional development in early childhood education only. CDA candidates, CDA Professional Development Specialists™, CDA Gold Standard Specialists™ or individual consultants not operating under the auspices of an organization should visit the appropriate sections on www.cdacouncil.org.
Questions? Contact us regarding the CDA Gold Standard process and application at email@example.com.