CDA Gold StandardSM
Assure the quality CDA® training students need.
Going for the Gold
In 2017, the Council for Professional Recognition launched the CDA Gold StandardSM, a training certification program for elite organizations that offer quality CDA® coursework and preparation to CDA training students. The CDA Gold Standard helped training organizations gain recognition for the curriculum and services offered to CDA students.
The CDA Gold Standard program will come to a close on December 31, 2022 and applications are no longer being accepted at this time. All training organizations in the application process and those previously awarded have all been notified of this change. The Council for Professional Recognition is extraordinarily proud of this program, the support it provided to CDA candidates and the recognition it provided to a number of CDA training organizations. The determination to end the program was a business decision made by the Council for Professional Recognition and is not a reflection of the quality CDA training provided by CDA Gold Standard recipients.
We appreciate your support of the CDA Gold Standard training program and look forward to continuing our work together in serving the ECE community!
Gold Standard Benefits
The Gold Standard benefits organizations in many ways:
- Identifies you as a premier provider of CDA preparation or training services, which ensures candidates receive reliable, professional training.
- Provides you with public recognition for your commitment to advancing professional development and training of CDA students.
- Indicates to CDA students your commitment to delivering high-quality training and student services.
- Promotion on the Council’s website. Your organization will be listed in the Find CDA Training website section, along with your logo for brand recognition, making it easier for potential candidates to find you.
- Use of the Gold Standard digital badge on your website as a premier provider of CDA Training and preparation services.
- A Gold Standard Certificate — a hard copy certificate suitable for framing that formally identifies your organization as a premier provider of CDA Training and preparation services.
Two Gold Standard Types
Many students receive training and professional development from multiple sources, so we offer two CDA Gold Standards. Your organization’s coursework should align with the 8 CDA Subject Areas, based on either Comprehensive or Select options.
Comprehensive is for organizations offering CDA coursework encompassing the entire CDA preparation process, meeting the eight CDA subject areas, requiring 10 hours for each area and 120 hours of study.
Select is for organizations offering CDA coursework in at least four of the eight CDA subject areas, requiring 10 hours for each course area and 60 hours of study.
Gold Standard Organizations
These training organizations have successfully met the Council’s CDA Gold Standard criteria to provide the quality CDA training students need.