In the past few days, the information about the coronavirus has increased significantly. Schools and early childhood centers are being asked to prepare for a nationwide surge in cases.
We want to let you know that the Council for Professional Recognition is monitoring the situation and offers the following recommendations for educators and parents with small children:
• Everyone should wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when washing hands if soap and water are not available.
• Disinfect all surfaces, toys and. other items that children and staff may use.
• Cover noses and mouths with a tissue or cloth when sneezing. Avoid touching eyes and face.
• Educators should be prepared with ample inventory of masks, gloves, aprons, etc.
• Parents be sure to keep sick children home until they’re fever-free for 24 hours without medication.
• Ask your children’s early childhood center about their plans for dismissals or closures.
We are continuing to monitor the situation, but urge you to seek out reliable sources for up to date information including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention