Make Plans for the 2024 EELC!
The Early Educators Leadership Conference (EELC) is a national event that supports a broad vision to advance and unify the early childhood education workforce, inspire early childhood educators, elevate educational leaders, and foster professional development.
The 2024 EELC theme, “Igniting Innovation in Early Childhood: From Passion to Action,” is perfectly aligned with sessions that delve deeply into the transition from passion to transformative action in early childhood education. These sessions will specifically focus on advocacy, career pathways, and equitable practices. We will examine important topics such as, exploring new frontiers in advocacy, community-based career pathways, and equity in the early classroom. Together, we will ignite innovation and pave the way for a brighter future in early childhood education. The sessions focus include:
- Inspire Your Advocacy: Highlight the pivotal role that advocacy plays in igniting positive change. We will delve into innovative strategies, share inspirational stories, and empower one another to transform our passion into action. Together, let’s amplify our voices and ignite the positive change needed to shape the future of early childhood education.
- Ignite Community-Based Career Pathways: Uncover groundbreaking approaches, share your experiences, and collaborate on innovative solutions to enhance early education career pathways. Let’s come together to ignite the flames of innovation and fuel the progress of our community.
- Trailblaze Equitable Practices: Explore innovative approaches that empower us to trailblaze the creation of inclusive and equitable practices. Together, we can turn our collective passion into actionable initiatives, by fostering an environment where every child can thrive and reach their full potential.
Who Attends EELC?
EELC brings together national and international leaders, policymakers, early childhood professionals, higher education institutions and early childhood training organizations all under one roof. EELC provides a unique opportunity to explore your full career potential as a professional in early childhood education through specialized ECE knowledge in each conference session
Hotel & Accommodations
The Capital Hilton is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. This historic hotel has an on-site restaurant, bar and a 24-hour front desk. The Metro Center station of the Washington Metro line is a short walk from the Capital Hilton, providing easy access to all of Washington D.C.’s attractions.
On-site dining choices include North Gate Grill and The Statler Lounge. North Gate Grill offers a breakfast menu with fresh fruits, juices, omelet bar and freshly baked pastries and breads. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby area free of charge.
A fitness center with cardio equipment, plyometric training boxes, studio room and weights is provided. The Capital Hilton is two blocks from the White House. The Washington Convention Center is 0.7 mi from the property. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is 4.6 mi away.
Designed especially for the art of celebration, the stunning hotel recently updated all of its event spaces, providing a fresh setting for our conference.
An All-Inclusive Conference Experience
The Council is known for its all-inclusive conference design which allows registered attendees to enjoy meals, snacks, deluxe hotel accommodations, health and wellness as well as professional development sessions for one price. In 2024, we will offer the same all-inclusive design with exciting program activities and events attendees are sure to love!
Inclusive conference registration includes:
- Welcome Reception
- 3 breakfast buffets
- 2 lunch events
- 2 additional dinners and special events
- 3 nights hotel accommodations – Single/Double (October 16 – 19, 2024)
2024 EELC Call for Proposals
The annual EELC conference is an opportunity for decision-makers and industry stakeholders to gain knowledge, learn new skills, and network with colleagues to advance the early childhood education field.
We encourage you to share your knowledge and expertise by joining us as a presenter for this year’s conference. As a presenter you will engage, inspire and provide best practices to improve participant’s daily work with children, families and colleagues.
The Council is accepting speaker proposals for EELC now through March 15, 2024. If you are interested in presenting to an audience of ECE leaders and educators, we encourage you to submit your proposal.
Apply Now to Earn a Pathway to Equity Scholarship
Attend the 2024 EELC for free!
If you’re eager to join the Council for Professional Recognition at this year’s Early Educators Leadership Conference (EELC) in Washington, DC, we have incredible news for you! The Council is delighted to offer scholarships for attending our highly anticipated annual conference, taking place from October 16-19, 2024, at the prestigious Capital Hilton.
These scholarships are open to extraordinary individuals who have dedicated their careers to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the field of early childhood education. We are looking for professionals who have demonstrated their commitment to serving and supporting marginalized and underestimated communities, as well as embracing diverse cultures, ethnicities, genders, and abilities.
We also extend this opportunity to family child care educators who embody the mission and vision of the Council for Professional Recognition, which is to provide exceptional standards of quality education to children aged birth to 5 years old.
Don’t miss out on this chance to be a part of a transformative event that celebrates and empowers early childhood professionals. Apply for the scholarship today and join us in Washington, DC, for an unforgettable experience at the 2024 EELC!
This scholarship is open to the following:
- Early childhood professionals who have dedicated their work to focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion. This can be demonstrated through their work of serving and supporting marginalized and underestimated communities as well as diverse cultures, ethnicities, genders and abilities.
- Family child care educators who exemplify the Council for Professional Recognition’s mission and vision of providing high standards of quality education to children ages birth to 5 years old.
The scholarship application period opens on Friday, March 10th, and ends Wednesday, May 19, 2024.
Registration for EELC opens on March 1, 2024. Register on or before July 12, 2024, to receive the best rate – Up to $100 in savings!
March 1 – July 12:
Single – $1,980
($1,980 per conference registrant / one conference registrant per room)
Double – $1,880
($1,880 per conference registrant / two conference registrants share one room)
Late Registration – July 15 – August 30:
Single – $2,080
($2,080 per conference registrant / one conference registrant per room)
Double – $1,980
($1,980 per conference registrant / two conference registrants share one room)
Registration is limited and will close once we reach the maximum capacity or by August 31, 2024.