Dr. Calvin Moore shared that when he first arrived at the Council and took on the CEO role, he was focused on assessing the early childhood education (ECE) landscape, the reach of the organization and...
Published by CounciLINK on May 23, 2019
The Council would like to send a big congratulations to the 11 new Child Development Associate (CDA) holders from Badr University Cairo (BUC).
Under the auspices of the chancellor, Dr. Hassan El Kalla, a partnership was forged on March 28, 2018, with the Council to bring to Egypt the opportunity for teachers of young children to obtain the CDA. Since then, the program, under the tutelage of Dr. Muriel Baskerville, has really taken off.
Baskerville has made it clear that BUC will continue to expand the CDA course and credentialing process in Egypt, paving the way for more early childhood educators to gain the professional skills and competencies required to work with young children.
“Additionally, we are confident the CDA training will support educators in the implementation of (last year’s) new early childhood curriculum presented by the Ministry of Education in Egypt … and significantly improve learning outcomes for the children they serve,” Baskerville wrote in a recent blog for the Council.
Brief bios of the new CDAs in Egypt:
- Amira Eid Mohamed has a B.A. in Education and has been a KGI teacher at Futures Language School/Fustat for the past two years.
- Nanees Houssein has a B.A. in English and History and has been a KGII teacher at the Futures Language School/Fustat for the past seven years.
- Mai Eid Ahmed has a B.A. in Archeology and an Educational Diploma from Ain Shams University; she has taught KGII at Futures LS Mokattam the past two years.
- Heba Tullah Hussein Rasslan has a B.A. in Philosophy and a General Education Diploma; she has been a senior KGI teacher at Futures Tech for the past four years.
- Inas Hussein Rasslan has a Bachelor of Laws degree and has been a KGII teacher at Futures Tech for the past three years.
- Shimaa Mostafa Kamel has a B.A. in English and has been a KGII teacher at Futures Uthman Ibn, Affan branch, for four years.
- Lamia M Mahmoud Houssein has a B.A. in the English Department and has been a KGII teacher and supervisor at Futures Uthman, Ibn Affan branch, for seven years.
- Nouran Mohamed Amin has a B.A. in English and has been a senior KGII teacher at Futures Tech for four years.
- Nourhan Shafiey has a B.A. in English and has been a KGI teacher at Futures Nasr City KG, Girls branch, for seven years.
- Hend Gamal Nayl has a B.A. in English and has been a senior KGI teacher at Futures Uthman Ibn, Affan branch, for six years.
- Mai Abd El Moniem Shalaan has a B.A. in English and an Educational Diploma; she has been a KGII teacher at Futures Nasr City KG, Girls branch, for the past six years.
The PDS’s who conducted the Verification Visits:
- Nevin El Sharkawi has a B.A. in English and has been a school director for 23 years; she’s presently at Futures Nasr City, KG Girls. She has completed the 120 hours for her CDA and has conducted Verification Visits for two recent CDA candidates in Egypt.
- Azza Omar has a B.A. in English and has worked as a teacher in multiple grades for 24 years. She has been a school director for multi-stage schools for nine years. She is presently the director for the Futures Nasr City Prep and Secondary School. She has completed the 120 hours for her CDA and has conducted Verification Visits for two recent CDA candidates in Egypt.
- Dr. Nermene Bilal has a B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. in English as well as a Certificate of TEFL. She is presently the school director at the Futures Language School at Fustat. She has completed the 120 hours for her CDA and has conducted Verification Visits for three recent candidates.
- Iman Nabil has a B.A. in Mass Communications. She has been a school director for 22 years and currently serves in that capacity at Futures Nasr City KG, Mixed branch. She has completed the 120-hour CDA course and served as a PDS, conducting Verification Visits for two recent candidates in Egypt.
- Doaa Askar has a B.A. in English and is the general supervisor of the Foundations Stage for Futures Educational Systems, where she has been employed for eight years. She has completed the 120 hours for her CDA and has conducted Verification Visits for two recent candidates.
We have probably all seen the commercials this time of year when you can hear the popular holiday song, “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”, playing in the background as parents dance joyously...
Did you know early childhood educators in Maryland have a special benefit that can help them and the children they serve? The Maryland State Department of Education has awarded a $1 million grant to the...
For the first time in three years, the Education Writers Association (EWA) gathered in person for their National Seminar in Orlando last month. The event drew journalists from across the country to hear from leaders...
In April 2022, the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) issued new guidance and an Information Memoranda (IM) announcing the long-awaited, family-friendly policy of permitting families and guardians to use proof of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program...
Dasani wakes up before dawn each day at a homeless shelter in Brooklyn, New York. After slipping out from under the covers, she goes to the window. On a clear day, she can see all...
The CDA Advisory Committee was created to provide insights, perspectives, and best practices to the CDA community and other early childhood professionals. Established during the initial stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, the members’ first-hand experiences...
Where can you connect with CDA® holders and the wide range of folks who serve them? Turn to the Council Alumni Network (CAN), an online community that brings together current and past CDA earners, CDA...
Professional development is absolutely critical to your success, as well as the success of all the children in your care. Not to mention in most states, you’re required to complete a minimum number of training...