Across the globe, in places like Uganda and Dublin, mothers are being made aware that the 1,000 day period from the beginning of pregnancy to a child’s second birthday will, as midwife Susan Ejang says....
Published by CounciLINK on December 19, 2019
Is it time to renew your CDA credential? Here are a few tips to make renewing easy, efficient and quick!
1. Know your expiration date and plan to meet all renewal requirements in time
2. Download the CDA™ Renewal Procedures Guide
- The CDA Renewal Procedures Guide is required reading for both your Verifier and you. It gives a detailed account of all current renewal requirements and goes into documentation requirements as well.
- Have your ECE Reviewer download the Information for the Early Childhood Education Reviewer booklet.
- Be sure to meet all the requirements before submitting a renewal application.
3. Watch the YourCouncil Renewal Tutorials available at no cost and on demand at the Council’s website
- The tutorials walk you through all the steps of the online application process — from accessing your account to making a payment.
4. Renew online at YourCouncil. You’ll save money, gain time and receive automated status alerts throughout the application process
- You do not need to create a new account to renew online. As a CDA Renewal Candidate you already have an existing account that you can access in YourCouncil.
- If you do create a new account, please note that it will not list your current credentialing information.
5. Make sure to give yourself enough time to complete all renewal requirements and submit your application before your credential expires
Going to be a little late? Good news! YourCouncil grants a 30-day grace period to renew your CDA after your expiration day. But if you miss the grace period, you’ll have to submit a new initial application, pay the $425 fee and complete a new assessment. So, get onboard, go online and submit your renewal on time!
Learn more on our website about renewing your CDA online.
We know how important it is for you to renew your CDA Credential. That’s why the Council for Professional Recognition has been working hard to make the online application process easier for you. It has...
By Dr. Robert Gundling, Deputy Operating Officer, Sunshine Early Learning Center Imagine a world where the voice of early care and education leaders, advocates, administrators and teachers, mainly in community-based programs is represented in articles...
Early childhood education is finally getting its time in the spotlight. It’s great to see more and more funding going into programs that will make a difference for thousands of young children and their families....
Fulfilling the Promise of Early Childhood Education: Advancing Early Childhood Education as a Professional Field of Practice
Early childhood education (ECE) is in the spotlight as never before. Being in the limelight, however, has highlighted the field’s fragmentation and the variability in the quality of children’s formal early learning experiences. This reality...
How would you like to find out about the life of an exceptional educator and the leader of the Council for Professional Recognition? This post recognizes our CEO, Dr. Valora Washington, who has been in...
Welcome to the Council and thank you for checking out our new blog. It is with great excitement that the Council takes the first step in the world of blogging to communicate with all of...