Washington, D.C. – A second pilot group of nine Early Childhood Education training organizations are new CDA Gold Standard recipients. The Council for Professional Recognition (the Council) established the CDA Gold Standard to help Child Development Associates (CDA) and others students pursuing early childhood education find the high-quality training they need to prepare for the CDA exam and their careers as early childhood educators.
“We believe that our new CDA Gold Standard adds value and integrity to the early childhood profession by verifying connections between the Council’s proven competencies and the quality of training resources available to CDA students,” Valora Washington, chief executive officer, Council for Professional Recognition said.
These nine training organizations passed the Council’s quality standards for training and services as part of a Phase 2 Pilot Program to earn the CDA Gold Standard:
- Action for Children, Columbus, OH
- Better Kid Care, State College, PA
- Martin Luther College, New Ulm, MN
- Mile High Early Learning, Denver, CO
- Columbus State Community College, Columbus, OH
- ChildCare Education Institute, Duluth, GA
- Quality Assist, Atlanta, GA
- Penn Foster College, Scottsdale, AZ
- Smart Horizons, Pensacola, FL
In addition to offering high-quality training, CDA Gold Standard applicants must demonstrate that they serve the CDA student community with excellence, which includes professional development that prepares students for successful completion of their training programs.
“The Council’s CDA Gold Standard reinforces the importance of creating strong collaboration with high-quality early childhood educators, administrators, colleges, universities and training organizations,”Washington noted.
The CDA Gold Standard requires evidence that their early childhood education training and student services are based on the Council’s three industry-leading principles:
- Alignment with the CDA formal education coursework found in the CDA’s Eight Subject Areas.
- Sound business policies and practices.
- Quality student services that meet their educational and professional needs.
The CDA Gold Standard is valid for three years and can be renewed.
Learn more about the CDA Gold StandardSM at www.cdacouncil.org.